Wednesday, August 19, 2009

MY BIRTHDAY

MY BIRTHDAY


My birthday fell on Monday 17 Aug.

Actually i didnt know what to expect from my birthday. I did not take any working leave on the day. Not knowing who will plan mini birthday dinner for me. [Partly because i did not have usual-hang-out-members; my best friends were staying in other states].

At midnight 12AM mark, I received sms from my colleague, ex-colleague, elder bro Shane (pet), sis Chen (pet)wishing me birthday.

[Oops. sorry K.H, i did not mention abt you earlier. So embarrassed me.. honestly you have been one of my long distance best friend I ever known in the internet. Great friendship. Thank you for your birthday song (via mobile) for me. Thank you for constantly wishing me birthday. Good.. i celebrate birthday since 15 Aug.. haha. I didnt expect you to save my birthday date in your memory. Come to KL more often as I have always suggested! Haha...Please get me a present when you come down, haha. I have yet to get one from anyone]

The next morning before 8am, i received birthday sms from my eldest bro, my sis in law and my niece; adopted father Daniel(god). I am touched because having good relationship especially with my sis in law is rare in this society. I wanted to write them a long sms; but i didnt manage to; then they called me at home at night to wish me again; yet I had to finish my teaching work till 930pm before rushing to a meeting (for birthday) with Josh. The later meeting is nice, we chatted till 12 midnight and we realised we suffered another Tuesday blue (this time due to lack of sleep). I felt bad for Josh who could not woke up.

I went home and took my dog out for duty before heading for shower and read my birthday mails twice. I love reading a mail from K; which have been regular habit of following up with K in mail reply.Mmm, I am good penpal :) but I have yet to reply the mail.

Simple but happy because I appreciate them remembering my existence.
I was late to office by 5mins on the day (I hate myself to be late); I had my company colleagues ( about 15 of them) had birthday celebration at the office cafeteria.

I did not have happening celebration; however I am still very happy with the way my birthday goes with blessings from my friends. FYI, the date is also Indonesia National Day.

The only thing I am not very happy with zero greeting comes from adopted families ( except papa Daniel). Not to say I doesnt have faith in them; however I am just disappointed with their attitude and lack of thankful heart from countless help I had given them. No worry, at least i have been a good example.

Thank you everyone (invited reader & non-invited reader) with all my heart. I am going to have late birthday dinner on 29th Aug..with bro Shane n friends.

2 comments: